Today is Chick-fil-A Appreciation Day

So get your driving shoes on, girls and boys, and shoot on over to the nearest Chick-fil-A fast food restaurant.  For the mere price of a sandwich, and maybe some of those delicious waffle fries, you can take a public stand in support of free speech and free enterprise.  And don’t forget to tell the employee at the cash register that you support the company.

Let’s sock it to those anti-Christian Chicken Shits, those Gay Marriage Muggers with their Muslim Blind Eye and their big time Bully Boy Tactics.

Flip Em the Bird!

This entry was posted in Business/Economy, Lesbian/Gay, Political/Social and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

17 Responses to It’s Chick-fil-A Appreciation Day—So Let’s Flip the Bird to the NoH8 Hate Hustlers

1. very opinionated says:

I have never been there. Only if there was one where i live, i would deffinately go ans support them. I also love chicken.. yummy! To be honest, i never even heard of them before the whole controversy. So now i have:)

2. Paula says:

We did go to CFA today. There was a growing crowd and a LONG line, both drive-thru and standing. We stood about for a time (running into a few folks we sorta knew), but needed to shove off long before we got to the food; I wasn’t going to eat anyone’s fries, so we left. However, I managed to make one person uncomfortable by “coming out”. Also, a candidate for congress in our district was walking w/ us from our cars — we got to chit chat w him a bit & let him know he our vote, as a lesbos no less; he enjoyed seeing us out there 🙂 . One thing made me uncomfortable, as a Jew and a less than religious person, was a contingent from some off-beat church, dancing and praying and so forth in front of the crowd. Along with them was a lesbian who had written a book about leaving the lesbian life for Jesus, or something. She was hawking the book, tho no one seemed too interested; I picked it up for a quick review, expecting her to talk with me, but nothing came of it. I thought it sad, though, the few of them with signs who were out about being unhappy as gays. Tsk

• It seems for some folks, the appreciation day was all about anti-gay marriage, for others about freedom of speech and free enterprise, and still others maybe a combination of both agendas. And of course, there will be the ‘we’re anti-gay period’ people. Too bad you didn’t get the fries though.

3. Bria says:

This is going to be really controversial but…. I’m not crazy about their waffle fries. McDonalds’ are better. 😦 It is my favorite fast food joint, however, so I’ll be going either tomorrow or Saturday, to give them a boost later on!

4. mmmm….Waffle Fries.

Yup, I want to swing by and get some dinner there tonight.

5. Marcus says:

I enjoy your site, but sometimes wonder how you deal with some of the homophobia that DOES exist in pockets on the right? If I were a gay conservative, it would bother me to be standing in line in support of reason and free speech, only to hear some ass say something about “homos” or the like. I do want to say don’t let it get you down, as a straight moderate/conservative, and I am glad to see gays on “our” side.

• Thanks for the kind words, Marcus. It is very much a mixed bag on the Right but the conservative movement is in flux and flow and it’s an exciting time to be involved. I feel very lucky to be a part of it.

Actually, I haven’t really encountered any personal incidents of what could be described as hostile from conservatives. Certainly there is a swath of right of center folks who don’t accept us and don’t want us in their groups or attending their events as out lesbians/gays. But there are also conservative groups including Tea Party organizations that do welcome us. I have been very fortunate to connect with some local conservative organizations who have encouraged my participation.

I have to say that I never thought I would see the day when I would feel safer around rightwingers than around liberals/Lefties. I have encountered rudeness, nastiness, shunning, and aggressive confrontations from liberal lesbians and gays for being out about my conservative views. And through my blog, I occasionally receive what the Left would classify as hate mail, real gems of loving tolerance from phony liberals.

Interesting that I have found more acceptance from conservatives, including those wary of the homosexuality issue, than I have ever gotten from liberals, gay or straight. Which I think says a heck of a lot about the values and ethical conduct of the good people on the Right.

• Cats Meow says:

Personally, it is a very difficult place to be. It is very lonely. I’ve been to Tea Party events, feeling at home and right with the cause of smaller government and lower taxes, and then… for instance, while standing on stage with a bunch of other honored vets, hearing conversations around me about getting rid of the fags and the baby killers was unnerving. Joining in on conservative blogs and then getting slammed with hateful rhetoric about queers. Also, trying to maintain lifelong friendships that no longer make sense because *they’ve* drifted so far left it makes the relationships untenable… However, I don’t make my life ALL about being a lesbian. It is just part of who I am, like being tall or having brown hair. Because of that realization, the discomfort and loneliness are worth the struggle. I have never been so comfortable and true about who I am since leaving the plantation of the rabid left.

I’m going with my Mormon sister, her husband and mother-in-law. There is also a bakery near the Chick-fil-A that won’t make a gay wedding cake and it’s being boycotted, too, so we’ll get a cookie or donut. 😀 I’ll report back about the big crowds.

• Perry Palmer says:

It was so crowded and the rain was coming down, we had to leave Chick fil A. BUT we did get to the Masterpiece Cakeshop in Lakewood, Colorado, just down the road, and bought some brownies. They had a steady group of protesters protesting the protesters buying pastry goodies. I’m glad I went. Take that, you gay meanies! I remember when we were treated the way you are treating good people, but we were never treated as badly as what you are perpetrating. Be careful what you wish for.

• I read about the bakery, Perry. The guy has guts. Enjoy.

7. Paula says:

Right-on, sistah! Me ‘n’ my girl are gonna get our rainbow on and stick it to ’em!