The Rainbow Oreo aka The Pander Cookie

Oh joy, oh rapture!  The Rainbow Oreo has arrived just in time for gay pride month.  Apparently, the folks at Kraft Foods must think there is gold in them thar queers.  So under the pretext of celebrating diversity and inclusiveness they are running ads that supposedly reflect the corporation’s caring commitment to gay love.  Barf!

Sort of makes you think twice about eating that creamy middle, doesn’t it?

Basil Maglaris, a spokeswoman for Oreo’s parent company Kraft Foods, said in a statement that the image was part of a “series of daily ads reflecting current events in a fun way using images of OREO cookies and milk.” Kraft is not planning to sell the rainbow-stuffed Oreo in stores, Maglaris said, as it was created solely for the advertising campaign in honor of Pride month.

“We are excited to illustrate what is making history today in a fun and playful way,” she said in an email to ABC News. “As a company, Kraft Foods has a proud history of celebrating diversity and inclusiveness.  We feel the OREO ad is a fun reflection of our values.”  ABC News

I know when I’m being condescended to.

This entry was posted in Business/Economy, Political/Social and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

18 Responses to The Rainbow Oreo aka The Pander Cookie

1. ContemptuouslyYours says:

When I saw this on Drudge I was appalled at the blatant condescension. Are these companies diverse and inclusive the other eleven months of the year It is increasingly difficult to be a conservative lesbian in our ever present socialist regime.

2. Mary Posey says:

This is fascinating to read because, I own a cookie company and all I want to do is sell great cookies! We started our business because my boys were so under-served by the California public education system. I wanted them to know how to start a business and work hard. They needed a valuable skill to go out into the world! The education system out here was teaching them everything BUT that! Our motto is, “Life’s too short for bad cookies” From reading all these posting, that could mean many different things 🙂

I am sure that many of my customers would faint if they knew my political views!

3. I’m still trying to sort out the flavors. Cherry, orange, lemon, lime, something blue, grape. Odd mix. There’s seven colors in a rainbow. Guess that extra one would have made it too big. I’d try one. With white or chocate milk? Hmm.

• Terry, you can only drink white milk with your rainbow oreos if you also drink chocolate as well, otherwise you might be considered a racist. Remember, we must celebrate diversity and embrace inclusiveness at all times.

Egads, you can’t even eat a frickin cookie anymore without having a frickin political agenda shoved at ya.

4. Paula says:

I had to put down the second cup; jittery this am.
    Lesbianoutsider: you need a ‘like’ button!

5. Paula says:

Yes indeed. Saw that thing on Drudge (app) but to me it was just a bunch of pretty colors, and I went on my way. Meantime, in my neck of the woods, I happened upon a “Pride” (capitalization mine) poster, chock full of all the sponsors. Wow, I thought, there’s big money to be made! Now it’s like, if yo name ain’t on ther, you be hatin’ (and losing out!). Gag. Every major company local to the area, and some not, are listed — I’ve never seen such a long and, well, diverse group of . . . groupies.

6. Funny .. When I think of gay… “love” doesn’t come to mind… I wish it did…

7. erins1911 says:

Disagree on this one. It’s a delicious looking cookie and I like that the company took a stand for love.

8. wisebeyond says:

okay… give me a minute I am only 1/2 through my 1st of 2 cups of coffee. What kind of marketing stupid idiot would think this is a good idea??? How mant customers will choose ANOTHER cookie to buy… we speak with our dollars. They offend people in ALL OTHER AREAS… Christians, Conservatives, Parents… basically everyone who has had soooooo much gay-in-your-face … I AM A LESBIAN and so very sick of gay everything, I have a gag reflex when I hear the word ‘gay’. Now oreos make me want to hang close to the bowl.

• The gay gag reflex–I won’t even go there :). I do agree–I’m sick to death of it too. I wonder if this is the pinnacle summer for all the gay hoopla? It’s almost as if we’re some kind of exotic fad, but fads come and go.

• Perry Palmer says:

I can only imagine how the people who really don’t agree with the gays must feel about these cookies and everything else that has the rainbow “logo” the Liberal gays hijacked. That goes for the pink ribbon, too. I won’t buy anything that has one. Straight people who don’t agree with the gays are called bigots. Do they have a name for gays who don’t agree with straights? I bet it’s not bigot. How about “unborn”?