The Denver Broncos are playing the Minnesota Vikings this afternoon and Tim Tebow, NFL quarterback, out-and-out Christian, and home-schooled homeboy is once again front and center. Whatever anyone may think about his athletic skills or his ability to throw the ball, Tim Tebow has shaken up professional football. The controversial Christian sports figure has garnered much criticism for the very public displays of his evangelical faith. From kneeling in prayer on the playing field to etching bible verses into his eye black, Tebow has raised the hackles of the oh so politically correct. But despite the flack, this unapologetic Christian quarterback has delivered on excitement, wins, and achievements, as ESPN has pointed out:
- Twenty Two rushing attempts, the most by a quarterback in any game since the merger in 1970.
- The longest game-winning touchdown run by a quarterback in the final minute of the fourth quarter in NFL history.
- The first quarterback with more rushes than passes in a game since Joe Ferguson did it for Buffalo in 1974.
- Rushed for 117 yards and joined Norris Weese as the only Broncos quarterbacks to rush for 100 yards in a game.
- Helped the Broncos become the first team in NFL history to win a game when it trailed by 15-plus points with three minutes remaining.
Still in the first half and the Broncos are leading the Vikings 7 to 5.