Is there a conservative underground movement afoot on college campuses? Have the Left-wing academics and their teenage toadies all fallen asleep at the progressive propaganda wheel? Because something is decidedly different at our scholastically-challenged re-education camps when George W. Bush hits the top of the popularity charts at college campus bookstores.
Somehow I can’t envision college students walking up to the check-out counter in the midst of Marxist mania with copies of Decision Points tucked under their arms. But purchase Mr. Bush’s book they did, even at such illustrious socialist snobberies as Stanford and UC Berkeley.
Following is the Chronicle of Higher Education’s list of best-selling books on campus:
- Decision Points (George W. Bush)
- The Daily Show: A Visitor’s Guide to the Human Race (Jon Stewart)
- Towers of Midnight (Robert Jordan)
- Squirrel Seeks Chipmunk (David Sedaris)
- The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Stieg Larsson)
- Diary of a Wimpy Kid: The Ugly Truth (Jeff Kinney)
- Sh*t My Dad Says (Justin Halpern)
- The Girl Who Played With Fire (Stieg Larsson)
- Chelsea Chelsea Bang Bang (Chelsea Handler)
- Freakonomics (Steven D. Levitt and Stephen J. Dubner)
My gosh, Bush beat out Jon Stewart! It’s a wonderfully whacky world indeed.